Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bed upgrade[ish]

I woke up feeling so weird.....We're moving in 3 weeks, and I feel like it's so close but so far away. (hard to explain) I know it's coming, but there are a lot of things I can't quite do yet to prepare for it. I.e. dust the blinds, or clean the walls. I mean, I COULD do those things, but then would have to do them again in 2 1/2 weeks when we start the cleaning move out list. We're not packing any of our own boxes except what we will be taking with us. So, we wait. But I'm just itching to DO something. 
Also, there's this other part of me that feels as though I'm entering a more sophisticated era of our adult life. Dumb, really, but we're moving up the ranks; no longer enlisted, now we'll be "officer" status. With that comes feelings of having very "inadequate" things. I realize, to the fullest, how ridiculous this is, and I wasn't raised to believe that things define you or that you have any reason to need special, new, brand name furniture, or clothes or whatever...but it's just an overwhelming emotion I have right now. We don't have a bedframe, our glasses don't match, our couch is dirty, squeaky, and green, pretty much all of our furniture is hand-me-down, and a lot of it not really my style or taste (and most of it has no sentimental value either)... Most days I don't really care about all of that.....there are definitely more important things in  life. But, for some reason, today I just want a change.
Soooooooooo, I had Sean help me move the guest bed frame into our room. Simple as it was it totally satisfied my "I want something new and I want our house to look better" feeling. Odd.
Having said all of that, we are saving for a new couch (or sectional), bed frame and vacuum. There are lots of other things that I would love to change, but don't see any point to spend a bunch of money on them. I would LOVE to find a new dining room table to update, or maybe build my own! I'm also very interested in doing the same for the coffee table, nightstands, craft table and more! :) We'll see how far I ACTUALLY go with those ideas, but I definitely have a running list going on paper, on Pinterest, and in my head.


I also have a few more ideas for our room for right when we get there, and will be glad to get some pictures up on the wall quickly this time :) *the holes covered up by paint in this picture are fromthe previous tenants, but we have picture frames that usually hang right there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment